- This website (www.rlpa.com.au) (Website) is owned by Rugby League Players Association Limited (ABN 93 135 110 511) (RLPA). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Website.
- By using or viewing the Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions you must leave the Website and discontinue use of it immediately. These terms and conditions replace all prior understandings or agreements regarding the subject matter set out below. The Website and its contents are intended solely for your personal use and may only be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. In using some services through (or linked from) this Website, you will be required to agree to additional terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions apply together with, or in addition to, these terms and conditions.
- The Website displays various information including, but not limited to, articles, images and data (Material) from time to time. Changes are made periodically to the Material and Material could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- The Material is made available on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. RLPA disclaims all warranties with regard to this Material, including all implied warranties or merchantability and fitness. RLPA makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any Material. RLPA does not warrant or represent that the Material will not cause damage, or is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors.
- RLPA will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, RLPA may change, suspend or discontinue the Website at any time, including the availability of any material (whether or not submitted or uploaded by you) or feature. RLPA may also impose limits or restrict your access to parts or all of the material without notice or liability.
- You agree that RLPA will not be liable in any event to you or any other party for any suspension, modification, discontinuance or lack of availability of the Website, the material or other content, whether temporary or permanent.
- Material may contain links to other websites. RLPA does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or approve of any Material on such sites or the operators of such sites. RLPA makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any Material on other websites to which Material is linked.
- Use of the Website and the facilities thereon, and any Material or information obtained from this Website is at your own risk, and RLPA hereby expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all warranties, express or implied, of any kind whatsoever including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and infringement.
- RLPA is not liable to users of the Material for any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use of the Material. In no event shall RLPA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, where in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, rising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Materials. RLPA will not be responsible for the failure of performance of this Website and/or the software used thereon or obtained therefrom; the loss of data or services resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruption; the accuracy, quality, timeliness, completeness or nature of information obtained through its services; any omission in the information provided; nor the consequences arising from or related to any viruses transmitted through its servers, or any liability, costs, loss of profits or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access this Website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law RLPA expressly disclaims all liability for any loss, damage, expense and costs incurred by any person arising out of accessing, downloading, using or relying on any of the Materials or this Website, including but not limited to:
- use of the Website or the Materials for a purpose for which it was not intended;
- any errors or omissions in the Website or the Materials;
- any inaccuracy in the Website or the Materials; or
- any interpretations or opinions stated in, or which may be inferred from, the Website or the Materials.
- All Materials displayed or performed on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, tools, photographs, images, illustrations, audio, video, software and animations are the property of RLPA and/or third parties and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All trade marks, service marks and trade names are the property of RLPA and/or third parties. You agree to abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed on or through this Website.
- This Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, in accordance with Australian copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. Except as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions, you must not copy, modify, publish, transmit, upload, reproduce, create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, Materials, or services offered on this Website.
- Ownership of user submitted content remains with the user – to the extent users can submit content on the Website, RLPA does not claim ownership rights in any text, files, images, musical works, works of authorship or any other materials (collectively, "User Generated Content") that is displayed, published, submitted or uploaded (collectively, "submitted") by you on or through the Website. Subject to clause 16, you will retain all ownership rights in such submitted Content and are responsible for protecting such rights as appropriate.
- Exclusive license granted to RLPA – By submitting any Content on or through the Website, you grant to RLPA an unlimited exclusive license to use, copy, cache, modify, perform, publically display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), reproduce, remove and distribute the Content for any purpose, whether commercial, advertising or otherwise, in connection with RLPA or the promotion thereof, including the right to distribute the Content outside of the Website. This includes use of the Content in the preparation of derivative works, or incorporation into other works and the grant of sublicenses of the foregoing. This license is irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sublicensable and fully transferrable and worldwide.
- You agree that this license includes a right for RLPA to sublicence or make such Content available to other persons with whom RLPA has relationships for the provision of joint services or otherwise.
- To the extent permitted by law, the foregoing includes all rights of paternity, integrity, disclosure and withdrawal and any other rights that may be known as or referred to as moral rights. To the extent you retain any such moral rights under applicable law, you hereby ratify and consent to any action that may be taken with respect to such moral rights.
- Warranty – You represent and warrant that:
- you own any Content that is submitted by you, or otherwise have the rights, power and authority to grant the licence provided in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- Content submitted by you on or through the Website does not infringe, violate or otherwise interfere with any copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights of another party including rights arising in relation to trade secrets and any moral rights;
- nothing you submit on or through the Website is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- the submission of Content by you on or through the Website does not affect any privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secrets, contract rights or any other rights of any third persons;
- you agree to pay for all royalties fees and other amounts owing to any person by reason of the Content submitted by you to or through the Website;
- you will under no circumstances use the site or the service to send unsolicited e-mails, bulk mail, spam or other materials; harass, threaten, stalk or abuse any person or party or post any false, inaccurate or incomplete material.
- Content posted – RLPA may, but is not obligated to, delete any Content that in the sole judgement of RLPA violates these terms and conditions or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of any person. RLPA assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Website for inappropriate Content or conduct.
- RLPA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify these terms and conditions from time to time by posting a notice on the Website. Use of the services following notification constitutes agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law in force in New South Wales. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
Why does RLPA collect personal information?
"Personal information" is information or an opinion (including information forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
RLPA collects personal information in order to properly and efficiently carry out its functions, including to provide you requested advice, products and services, and to facilitate the provision of information and services that may be of interest to you.
RLPA uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our advice or services.
What personal and sensitive information does RLPA collect?
The information collected by RLPA about a particular person will vary depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to, a person's contact details (name, email and/or postal address, phone number), date of birth, credit card details, bank account details, Australian Business Number, driver's licence number, passport number, insurance details, employment history, qualifications or communication history with RLPA.
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, RLPA may also collect sensitive information (which is a type of personal information) such as your medical history, nationality or ethnic origin or any disability.
How does RLPA collect and hold personal information?
- Information may be collected when you:
- become a member of RLPA;
- provide details to RLPA in an invoice for the payment to you of royalties or signing fees for memorabilia;
- notify RLPA of the details required to facilitate a payment to you from the NRL Retirement Account;
- subscribe to any publication of RLPA, including electronic publications;
- provide details to RLPA in an application, consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report;
- enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into, one of RLPA's online systems;
- access the RLPA website;
- contact RLPA via email, telephone or mail or engage with RLPA via social media;
- participate in any program, activity, competition or event run by RLPA;
- purchase tickets to a Rugby League or other sporting event from RLPA or an authorised agent;
- purchase merchandise, products or services from RLPA or an authorised agent or licensee;
- are elected or appointed to the Board or a committee of RLPA; or
- apply for employment or a volunteer position with RLPA.
- Personal information may also be collected where RLPA is required to do so by law (for education, child protection, work health and safety laws, charitable collections, medical treatment or other legislation in Australia).
If you do not provide some or all of the information that we request from you, this may affect RLPA's ability to communicate with you or provide the requested advice, products or services.
By not providing requested information, you may jeopardise your ability to participate in programs or competitions or apply for employment or volunteer positions with RLPA. If it is impracticable for RLPA to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, RLPA may refuse to do so.
Collection from third parties
RLPA may collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
In some circumstances, RLPA collects information from third parties.
Examples of such third parties could include non-affiliated Rugby League organisations or government and law enforcement bodies as required by law.
Information storage and protection
RLPA stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
Much of the information we collect from and about our members is added to RLPA's membership database. When your information is entered into RLPA's membership database, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you.
Security of personal information is important to RLPA. RLPA has taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures RLPA uses include strict confidentiality requirements of our employees, volunteers and service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website.
How does RLPA use and disclose personal information?
- verify your identity;
- communicate with you in relation to RLPA’s activities and in respect of matters of interest or concern;
- facilitate the payment to you of any royalties, signing fees or representative payments that are due to you as a Rugby League player, as well as any amount which you are entitled to receive from the NRL Retirement Account;
- administer, manage and provide you with access to www.rlpa.com.au; and
- keep you informed of news and information relating to various RLPA or Rugby League events, activities and opportunities via various mediums.
- RLPA may use health information to ensure that programs we operate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs participants may require. Health information may also be kept for insurance purposes. In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government, or to plan events and activities.
RLPA may disclose your personal information to:
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers:
- external service providers that provide RLPA with information technology and banking; and
- in other circumstances permitted by law.
Except as may be required in relation to the disclosure of your personal information listed above, RLPA does not disclose personal information to overseas entities for any other purpose.
We will use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers from RLPA, you may opt-out by using the link provided. Alternatively, you may advise us at any time by contacting the RLPA Privacy Officer via the contact details set out in this policy.
In addition, RLPA may also disclose personal information:
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
When you visit the RLPA website, our systems may record certain information about their use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of their visit. RLPA uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the RLPA website.
Websites linked to the RLPA website are not subject to RLPA's privacy standards, policies or procedures. RLPA cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
Accessing and seeking correction of information held by RLPA
RLPA will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal information. If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know by making a request via the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable period. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be made to the RLPA Privacy Officer at this address:
Email Privacy Officer
Telephone: (61) 02 8732 1700
Post: PO Box 6665, SILVERWATER NSW 2128
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, and try to resolve your complaint for you. If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner via its enquiries line 1300 363 992 or website www.oaic.gov.au/ to lodge a complaint.
For further information on RLPA's management of personal information, please contact the RLPA.